【中英阅读材料】阳光普照 4/4
Dad...
?爸
I'm going to move out.
?我要搬出去了
Aren't you okay at home?
?家里不是住得好好的?
Actually, ever since I got back,
?其实我回来之后
I've been wanting to move out.
?就一直想要搬出去住
I just didn't think you'd move out first.
?只是没想到你搬的比我还快
You haven't come home.
?你不回来
Mom hasn't said anything.
?妈什么都没有讲
She hasn't complained at all.
?一句抱怨都没有
I really hope you can return.
?我真的希望你可以回去
?(爱)
?(大龙港驾训班)
What time is it?
?现在几点了?
Almost three.
?快3点
I thought I'd take a nap.
?想说眯一下
I fell asleep before I knew it.
?不知不觉就睡着了
I wanted to discuss something with you...
?我本来有一件事情想跟你讨论的
but you didn't come back,
?但是你都没有回来
so I made the decision myself.
?所以我就自己做决定了
What is it?
?什么事情啊?
I rented a shop.
?我租了一个店面
I want to open a beauty salon.
?想要开一间美容院
Why?
?为什么?
Xiao Yu's still young.
?小玉还小啊
She shouldn't work at the club.
?每天到酒店也不好
If we own a salon,
it would be easier to look after the baby,
?有自己的店
?照顾孩子也方便
and Xiao Yu can work longer, too.
?而且工作时间可以长一点
How will you pay for it?
?那钱从哪里来?
That's why I wanted to ask you...
?所以我想跟你说啊
Can we surrender
the insurance policy we had?
?我们之前那个保险可不可以解?
Okay.
?好
Do what you think is best.
?你觉得怎样就怎样吧
THREE YEARS LATER
?(三年后)
Who is it?
?谁?
Who is it?
?谁?
A-Ho.
?阿和
It's me.
?是我
Fuck, A-Ho.
?操 阿和
I didn't think you'd be hiding here.
?没想到你真的躲在这里
Is this your boss's car?
?这台是你老板的吗?
A customer has left it here overnight.
?客人留在这边过夜的
Radish, don't mess it up, okay?
?菜头 你不要乱摸 好不好?
How do you open it?
?这个要怎么开啊?
Now I'll have to wipe it again.
?你这样我还要重擦耶
I'm only asking you how to open it.
?可是我只是问你 这个要怎么开而已
I've never seen this kind of car.
?我没有看过这种车嘛
Radish, can you not do that?
?菜头不要这样子 好不好?
I'm only sitting inside. What did I do?
?我只是坐在里面而已
?我有怎么样吗?
A-Ho.
?阿和
Sit inside.
?你坐进来
I want to tell you something.
?我有话要跟你说
Can you tell me out here?
?你有事我们到外面讲 好不好?
What do you want to say?
?你有什么话要讲?
You can't smoke inside.
?里面不能抽烟
You didn't speak up when I lit it.
?我刚在点的时候你不讲
Now that I'm smoking,
you're gonna start bitching?
?我现在在抽的时候
?你才在那边龟龟毛毛的?
A-Ho,
?阿和
how long were you in for?
?你在里面待多久?
A year and a half.
?一年半
Fuck! A year and a half.
?操!一年半
After you got out...
?你出来之后…
you didn't think to visit me?
?你都没有想要来看看我?
I had no idea where you were, okay?
?我根本不知道你在哪里 好不好?
You'd know if you asked around.
?问一下就知道了啊
Did you know, A-Ho...
?阿和 你知道吗?
that the first thing I did when I got out
was to ask where you were?
?我出来的第一件事情就是问你在哪里
Does your car have an ashtray?
?你车上有烟灰缸吗?
I'm only asking where to drop the ashes.
?我只是问你这烟灰要弹哪
Why are you looking at me like that?
?你干嘛用那种表情看我?
Won't that be uncomfortable?
?这样会不会不好意思?
A-Ho,
?阿和
I want to do some business.
?我想要做点生意
Can I borrow 1.5 million?
?可不可以跟你调个一百五十万?
Where can I get 1.5 million?
?我哪来的一百五十万?
I don't even have money on me, okay?
?我现在身上根本没钱 好不好?
I'll come back.
?我会再来找你
Think it over.
?你想一想
Don't answer right away.
?不要回答得这么快
How do you get out?
?这个要怎么出去啊?
GOOD FORTUNE AND PROSPERITY FOR ALL
?(国泰民安 风调雨顺)
Mrs. Chen.
?陈妈妈
Mrs. Chen.
?陈妈妈
Do you remember me?
?你还记得我吗?
I'm A-Ho's friend, Radish.
?我是阿和的朋友菜头
I thought it was you from the back,
so I came up to say hello.
?我刚刚看到背影很像你
?所以就追过来跟你打声招呼
How have you been?
?陈妈妈最近还好吗?
All right.
?还好
Everything's fine.
?没事没事
Who might these two...?
?这两位是?
A-Ho's wife and child.
?阿和的太太跟孩子
Are you A-Ho's little girlfriend, Xiao Yu?
?你该不会是
?阿和之前那个小女朋友小玉吧?
You've grown up and mature.
I hardly recognized you.
?长这么大 变成熟都快认不出来了
Have you seen A-Ho?
?你没去找阿和啊?
I have.
?有啊
A-Ho didn't tell you?
?阿和没有跟你说吗?
I visited him last week.
?我上个礼拜去找他
What have you been busy with lately?
?你最近在忙什么?
I'm working.
?我在上班
Mrs. Chen...
?陈妈妈
this is my business card.
?这是我的名片
Our company offers
financial management services.
?我们公司可以提供一些金钱的调度
If you ever need help, let me know.
?如果陈妈妈你有需要的话
?我都可以帮忙
You must be busy. I'll let you go.
?陈妈妈你忙
?我先走了
Let me know if anything comes up.
?有事情我们再联络
Bye-bye, kid.
?弟弟拜拜
Bye-bye.
?拜拜
Bye-bye.
?拜拜
A-Ho.
?阿和
A-Ho.
?阿和
?阿和
A-Ho, telephone.
?阿和 电话啦
Hello?
?喂?
A-Ho.
?阿和
I called your cell. Why didn't you answer?
?我打你手机都不接是怎样?
Are you ignoring my calls?
?不想接我电话 是不是?
No, I was working.
?没有啦 我在上班
Are you free now?
?你现在有没有空?
I'll buy you a coffee.
?我请你喝咖啡
Not now.
?现在不行啦
I'm still working.
?我还在上班
Just for a moment.
?出来一下
Radish, I really can't.
?菜头我真的不行
I still have cars to wash.
?我还有车要洗
How about I ask your boss
to give you a break?
?不然我待会去找你老板
?帮你请个假
Are you listening?
?你有在听吗?
How about at three?
I'll wait for you outside the car wash.
?3点 好不好?
?我到洗车场外面接你
You shouldn't come here.
?你还是不要来找我
Brother Chao...
?朝哥
can I take two hours off at three o'clock?
?我下午3点
?可不可以跟你请假两个小时?
My friend's in the hospital.
I want to go see him.
?我朋友在医院
?想去看他一下
Is it anything serious?
?不是什么坏事吧?
No.
?不是
Okay.
?好
When I met your mom the other day,
?那天我遇到你妈
she was carrying lots of things,
?她提着大包小包的
and was walking with your wife and kid
in the street by the market.
?跟你老婆跟你小孩
?走在市场那边的巷子
Fuck, A-Ho. You're incredible.
?操!阿和你真的很厉害耶
?我本来以为你跟那小女生只是玩一玩
I thought you were playing around
with that girl.
I never thought you'd marry her.
?没想到你娶回家
Weren't you locked up?
?你不是关在里面吗?
How did you find the time to have kids?
?怎么有时间生小孩啊?
What's that look for?
?干嘛那个脸啊?
I'm not here to ask for money today.
?我今天不是来跟你要钱的
Radish, I really don't have money.
?菜头我身上真的没有钱
I know.
?我知道
Your wife and kid are so young.
?你老婆跟小孩都那么小
You don't have explain.
?你不用讲我都知道
police
?(警察局)
?(禁止停车)
A-Ho,
?阿和
go into the alley
next to the police station.
?你沿着警察局旁边的巷子
You'll see the legislator's office.
?你会看到一个立法委员服务处
There are six bullets in here.
?这里面有六发子弹
Fire them all at the office...
?你就对着服务处把它打完
and then keep moving forward.
?打完之后继续往前走
You'll see a parking structure.
?你会看到一个立体停车场
Go to B1 toilets.
There's a trash can by the door.
?到B1厕所
?门口有一个垃圾桶
Drop the bag inside and you're done.
?包包丢在那里就可以了
Why don't you go yourself?
?那你怎么不自己去?
A-Ho,
?阿和
this was a request from someone else.
?这也是人家拜托我的
I thought of you immediately.
?我马上就想到你了
Just do me this favor,
?你就帮我个忙
and I'll forget about the money
that I asked you for.
?我跟你要的钱
?你就不用给了
Did I say I'd give you the money?
?我有说过要给你钱吗?
You dare to hold out on me?
?你敢不给吗?
There's a coat in the bag.
?包包里面有一件外套
You can wear it.
?你可以穿上
Okay, the cop's coming to write a ticket.
?好啦
?警察要来开单了
Do me this favor.
?你就帮我个忙
I won't bother you again.
?我不会再来麻烦你了
WANFU REALTY
?(万福资产)
Sir, how may I help?
?先生你找谁?
I'm here to see Radish.
?我跟菜头有约
He's out.
?他不在
Oh.
?喔
Please take a seat.
?这边坐一下好了
Want something to drink?
?要喝东西吗?
No.
?不用
Uncle Chen,
?陈伯伯
have you been waiting long?
?来很久了吗?
Not really.
?还好
Uncle Chen, how did you get up here?
?陈伯伯 你刚刚怎么上来的?
You told me the elevator's broken
?你跟我说电梯坏了
and I should take the stairs.
?所以叫我走楼梯
I...
?我…
took the stairs.
?走楼梯
You do whatever you're told.
?陈伯伯 你真的很听话耶
I was joking with you.
?我跟你开玩笑的
Oh.
?喔
Why did you want to see me?
?陈伯伯 今天来找我有什么事吗?
Can we find a quiet place
?是不是
?找个安静的地方
to talk things over?
?我们聊一聊
It's pretty quiet here.
?这里很安静啊
Is it inconvenient to talk here?
?有什么事情不方便在这里讲
?是不是?
Okay.
?好吧
Didn't you want to talk outside?
?你不是要到外面讲吗?
Is it quiet enough here?
?这里够安静吗?
What's the meaning of this?
?陈伯伯 你这什么意思?
I heard from my wife
?我听他妈妈讲
that you got out.
?你回来了
Since you just got out,
?想说你刚回来
I was worried
things might be hard for you.
?怕你会有什么不方便
Hard? What do you mean?
?我听不懂什么方不方便
Well, maybe you plan
to do some business and so on.
?想说你是不是要做点生意啊 什么的
Uncle Chen,
?陈伯伯
I thought you came here today
to ask me for help.
?我以为你今天来找我
?是要我帮你什么忙
I never thought you'd want to help me.
?结果没想到是你要来给我帮忙
I don't think
you care if things get hard for me.
?陈伯伯 你应该不会在乎我方不方便
You just want me
to stay away from your son...
?你应该只是想要我离你儿子远一点
and not bother him.
?不要去打扰他
No.
?没有
No, that's not what I meant.
?没有 我没有这个意思
The day I got out...
?我回来的那天
I couldn't find my former house.
?我找不到以前住的地方
Do you know why?
?你知道为什么?
My home was seized.
?我家被查封了
My granny was still living there.
?那时候我奶奶还住在里面
She was forced into a nursing home.
?后来被赶到老人安养中心
When the court ruled for compensation,
?当初法院判定赔偿
my family had no money.
?我家没有钱
Back then, why didn't you think
of offering a little help?
?那个时候 你怎么没有想到
?要出来帮一点什么忙?
Now you offer an envelope...
?然后你现在拿一个信封
and say you want to help me?
?说要来给我帮忙?
Uncle Chen,
?陈伯伯
are you worried?
?你是不是在担心什么?
No.
?没有
I'm not worried.
?我没有担心什么
Never mind.
I'll tell you what you're worried about.
?算了 我告诉你在担心什么
You're worried that I'll get A-Ho
to do some outrageous things.
?你是在担心我找阿和
?做一些乱七八糟的事情
Uncle Chen, relax.
?陈伯伯 你放心啦
A-Ho's doing very well now.
?阿和他现在那么好
He'll be fine.
?他不会有问题
At least...
?至少
he won't be like his brother.
?他不会像他哥哥那样
I heard his brother...
?我听说他哥哥是…
?(禁止攀爬)
How long have you been out?
?出来多久了?
Almost three years.
?快三年了
And you've been...
?那你一直
working here all along?
?在这边工作喔?
Yeah.
?对啊
And you?
?你呢?
How long have you been working?
?做这做多久了?
I have been working
with my dad for many years.
?我很久以前就跟我爸一起出来做
But it's only after I lost my hand...
?但是后来手没了
that I started to work hard.
?才开始真的认真做
In the end...
?你这手
they couldn't...
?最后
put your hand back on?
?没有办法接回去?
Of course they couldn't.
?当然没有接起来
Radish made a real clean cut.
?你们菜头砍人真的很准
One chop and my hand fell into the soup.
?一刀就把我的手砍在热汤里
The doctor said
?医生说
that if my hand fell in a shithole,
?就算是手掉在粪坑里
I'd still have a chance.
?都还有机会
But it fell in hot soup,
?但是掉在汤里
there was no chance.
?就没了
All the muscles contracted.
?整个筋都缩起来
What?
?干嘛?
You want to see my stump?
?你想看我断掉的手喔?
Look.
?你看
It's like a chicken neck without the head.
?是不是很像没有头的鸡脖子?
Can you feel anything?
?有什么感觉吗?
Feel anything?
?什么感觉?
Are you asking me
?你是问我 这里
if I feel anything here?
?有什么感觉?
Give me your hand.
?来 你把手伸出来
Relax, I won't chop it off.
?放心啦 不会砍你手
Put your fingers together.
?五指并拢
Now stretch them apart.
?用力把五指撑开
Harder.
?用力
Harder.
?用力
Push harder.
?再用力
That's what having no hand feels like.
?这就是没有手掌的感觉
Oden.
?黑轮
I'm really sorry.
?我真的对不起
All right.
?好啦
Get to work.
?你先去忙
I'm gonna go.
?我先走
Hey.
?喂
What is it?
?干嘛啦?
This is obviously coffee, not acid.
?这明明就咖啡 不是硫酸
Why are you so nervous?
?干嘛那么紧张?
Radish, I was just leaving.
?菜头 我真的要走了
That's perfect.
?那刚好啊
I'm free for a while.
?我也没有要久待
Why don't we go together?
?我们就一起出去吧?
This car's different.
?这车不一样喔
Hey, don't get inside.
?喂 你不要进去啦
Careful.
?小心
The coffee...
?咖啡
Last time, I had to explain to my boss
why it smelt like cigarettes.
?你上次那烟味 害我跟老板解释很久
I won't smoke this time.
?我这次不抽烟
I'll drink coffee.
?就喝咖啡
I have another job at midnight.
?我等一下12点还要上班
You're so hard-working.
?这么拼喔
What job?
?上什么班?
I have a late-night shift.
?我还有一个大夜班
A-Ho...
?阿和
you have two choices now...
?你现在有两个选择
One,
?第一个
go to work,
and I'll wait here until you return.
?你去上班 我在这里等你回来
Or two,
?第二个
we drive away right now,
?我们现在开车出去
enjoy the ride,
?兜兜风
and come back soon after.
?很快就回来了
Didn't you say that last time
would be the end of it?
?你上次不是说最后一次吗?
What do you want from me?
?你到底要我怎样?
A-Ho,
?阿和
you've changed...
?不一样喔
from how you were five years ago.
?跟五年前不一样喔
Go do your job.
?你去上班啦
Look at your face.
?看你那个脸
I'll sit here and sip coffee.
?我就坐在这边慢慢喝
If anything gets dirty,
?如果有弄脏什么的
I'll help you clean it off.
?我会帮你擦干净
Can we not drive this car?
?可以不要开这台车吗?
We have to drive this car.
?当然要开这台车啊
When will people like us
?我们这种人
get the chance to drive a nice car?
?有什么机会开这种车?
Do you feel like I owe you?
?你是不是觉得我欠你什么?
Can you lay it all out in the open?
?你可不可以一次讲清楚?
Of course you owe me.
?你当然欠我啊
When we went to find Oden,
?当初去找黑轮的时候
did I tell you to chop his hand off?
?我有叫你去砍他吗?
A-Ho,
?阿和
I wasn't planning to tell you my feelings.
?我本来不想再跟你讲心事了
Since you brought it up,
?那既然你提了
I might as well tell you.
?我还是跟你讲一下好了
When you were bullied by Oden
and asked me to help you vent your anger,
?当初你被黑轮欺负
?找我去帮你出气
I agreed without hesitation.
?我二话不说就跟你去了
Charging in and seeing Oden,
?一冲进去 看到黑轮
I slashed him there and then.
?当场就砍下去
I've never regretted it once.
?我从来都没有后悔过
Even now, I feel the same way.
?即使到现在也还是一样
I never thought that you'd actually do it.
?菜头 我真的没有想到你会来真的
Didn't we decide to just scare him?
?我们不是说好去吓吓他而已吗?
Scare him!
?吓吓他
Me with a machete,
you with a watermelon knife...
?我拿开山刀 你拿西瓜刀
You even stole a scooter.
?你还偷了摩托车
When did you ever tell me
just to scare him?
?你什么时候跟我说过去吓吓他?
In that courtroom,
?你在法院里面
you put all of the blame on me.
?把所有事情推得一干二净
I was inside
for three years longer than you were.
?我在里面比你多关了三年
When you got out,
?你出来之后
you didn't visit me even once.
?连来看我一眼都没有
When you pass that bend, pull over.
?你过了前面那个大弯靠边停
LAND FOR SALE
Get out now.
?你现在下车
Turn right, onto that road.
?前面那条小路右转
Keep walking.
?一直走
Ask the guy you meet
?遇到人就问他
where to buy oranges.
?哪里可以买到柳丁
You remember that gun from last time?
?你还记得上次那把枪吗?
I have it in safekeeping.
?我都把它收得好好的
Okay.
?好
Let's say I owe you.
?算我欠你的
But this is really the last time.
?不过 这真的是最后一次
Where can I buy oranges?
?请问哪里可以买柳丁?
LAND FOR SALE
Have you eaten?
?吃了没?
Well...
?还…
not yet.
?还没
Can I...
?我现在
go now?
?可以走了吗?
Radish.
?菜头
Radish.
?菜头
Radish.
?菜头
Radish.
?菜头
Radish.
?菜头
Radish.
?菜头
Fuck.
?操
?(酷车洗车)
What do you want?
?干嘛?
Do you have time?
?你有空吗?
Let's take a walk.
?我们去走一走
Okay.
?我没问题呀
Are you all right?
?还好吧?
Did you sprain yourself?
?没事吧?有没有扭到?
I'm fine.
?还好
65 stacks, exactly.
?刚好65捆
That day, after you left,
?你那一天离开之后
what happened exactly?
?到底发生什么事?
After I went back...
?我回去之后
After I went back...
?我回去之后
I didn't see Radish.
?就没看到菜头
Wasn't he waiting in the car?
?菜头不是在车上等你吗?
I don't know...
?我不知道
When I went back,
?我一回去
I couldn't find him.
?就找不到他
Why didn't you use the money?
Were you going to give it to someone?
?为什么钱都没有用?你要拿给谁?
I've never seen so much money in my life.
?我一辈子都没看过这么多钱
I didn't dare spend a cent,
?我真的一毛都不敢花
and I didn't know
when Radish would come back for it.
?而且我不知道菜头什么时候会回来拿
Who's Radish to you?
?菜头是你的谁?
A...
?一个…
A guy who always brought me trouble.
?一个一直找我麻烦的人
Take it.
?拿去
That's your delivery fee.
?这是你那天送货的费用
This...
?这个…
Take it.
?拿去
Radish won't bring you any more trouble.
?菜头以后不会再找你麻烦了
Why?
?为什么?
He has been dead for weeks.
?他已经死好几个礼拜了
I heard he was beaten to death.
?听说是被别人打死的
He was disfigured.
?脸都被打到变形
Stop the car.
?停车
?(重翠桥)
Won't you be late to the salon?
?晚一点到店里没关系吧?
It's okay.
?没关系啊
Xiao Yu's already quite skilled.
It's no problem.
?小玉已经很上手了 没有问题的
I'm more worried about A-Ho.
?我倒是比较担心阿和
He is not dependable,
?他还不是很踏实
and there's no future in washing cars.
?洗车工作也没什么未来
You need to tell A-Ho,
?你要好好告诉阿和
"Seize the day. Decide your path."
?要他“把握时间 掌握方向”
Don't keep repeating that phrase.
?你不要把驾训班那一套什么
"Seize the day. Decide your path."
Can you be serious?
?“把握时间 掌握方向”当真 好吗?
Every time you say that,
we treat it like a joke.
?你一每次在讲的时候
?我们都把它当成笑话
Your eldest son is gone.
?你大儿子不在了
Younger son has barely made it back.
?你小儿子好不容易回来了
Have you helped him?
?你帮他了吗?
Have you helped him?
?你帮他了吗?
"Seize the day. Decide your path."
?“把握时间 掌握方向”
Have you lived by your motto?
?你自己有没有做到?
If you have,
?你如果做到了
then why are you still
a driving instructor?
?你怎么还会是个驾训班的教练?
One day, at noon...
?有一天中午
I was eating lunch at the office...
?我在公司吃便当
when a news story came on TV.
?电视上正好播着新闻
Someone had fired shots
at the legislator's office.
?有人朝立法委员的办公室开枪
DRAGON PORT DRIVING SCHOOL
?惊传枪响 一名身穿…
Security cameras caught
a view of the criminal from behind.
?监视器拍到嫌犯的背影
He was thin and short.
?瘦瘦小小的
And I thought it was strange...
?我当时就觉得很奇怪
but I wasn't sure...
?但是我不敢说
12 O'CLOCK NEWS
?(1200速报)
Do you remember you told me about Radish?
?你还记得你跟我讲过菜头的事吗?
Didn't he give you a business card?
?他不是留了一张名片给你?
I went to see Radish later on.
?后来我去找了菜头
I even offered him 200,000,
?我还凑了20万
hoping that after he took the money,
he'd leave A-Ho alone.
?希望他拿了钱之后 不要再去找阿和
I waited two hours for him there.
?我在那边等了他两个小时
He returned
?他回来 在那边
and kept calling me...
"Uncle Chen."
?“陈伯伯…”
He greeted me warmly.
?叫得很亲热
But his every word tormented me.
?但他是说的每句话都让我难堪
You know that I'm a driving instructor.
?你知道我是个驾训班的教练
What should I have done?
?你认为我该怎么办?
After that,
I didn't go to work for two weeks.
?后来我有整整两个礼拜没去上班
You didn't care what time I got home
?你很少管我几点回来
and didn't ask where I was going.
?很少问我去哪里
I was actually just sat
across from A-Ho's car wash,
?其实我就在阿和的洗车场对面
watching your son
go to and from work every day.
?每天看着你儿子上班下班
Then I'd follow him to the store,
?然后跟他到便利商店
and watch him clock in and clock out.
?看他上班下班
I was like his 24-hour babysitter.
?我好像是他24小时的保姆一样
I didn't know what the hell I was doing.
?我真不知道自己在干什么
One day,
?有一天
Radish finally appeared at the car wash.
?菜头终于在洗车场出现了
Not long after...
?没过多久
they drove away in a Bentley
?他们开了一台宾利离开
and headed northeast.
?往东北角走
You know Bentley, right?
?你知道宾利吗?
It's a high-class imported car.
?那是一台高级进口车
Even if I work at the driving school
my whole life,
?我就算在驾训班做到一辈子
I could never afford.
?都不可能买得起
I turned off headlights
?我关了大灯
and followed them from afar.
?远远地跟着
We drove for a long time...
?车子开了很久
and finally stopped
in the middle of nowhere.
?最后停在一个不知道什么鬼地方
I saw A-Ho get out,
?我看到阿和下车
carrying a bag,
and then he walked into an alley.
?提了一个袋子 弯进一条小路
You know that I'm a driving instructor.
?你知道我是个驾训班的教练
I'm not clever.
?我不是很聪明
I wanted to do something for my kid,
but I didn't know how.
?我想帮小孩做点什么
?但是我不知道怎么办
Soon after...
?没过多久
Radish got out of the car.
?菜头从车子里出来
He stood beside that Bentley.
?他就站在那台宾利车旁边
I didn't think.
?我当时想都没想
I just step on the accelerator.
?油门一加就冲过去
?(教练车)
My windshield broke.
?我的挡风玻璃破了
When I got out...
?我下车的时候
Radish was lying on the ground, lifeless.
?菜头就倒在地上 一动也不动
I dragged him
deep into the roadside underbrush.
?我把菜头拖到路边的草丛深处
A heavy rain happened to start falling.
?那时候天空正好下起了大雨
Radish won't be coming back.
?菜头应该不会再回来了
I left him there.
?我把他留在那里
When I left,
?离开的时候
the rain was still pouring.
?大雨继续下着
I even wondered
whether A-Ho had an umbrella
?我还在想阿和有没有带雨伞
and whether he'd be okay.
?他会不会有事?
In my line of work, I've met many nosy,
?我的工作经常会遇到一些八婆
gossipy women.
?碎嘴的女人
They would often ask me,
?他们常常问我
"Instructor Chen, are you married?"
?“陈教练 你结婚了吗?
"How many children?"
?有几个小孩啊?”
I always answered, "only one."
?每次我都只回答“一个”
Do you know why I said one?
?你知道我为什么说“一个”吗?
Because in my mind,
?因为在我心里
I had never acknowledged A-Ho.
?我从来不承认有过阿和
But these years...
?但是这些年
other nosy, gossipy women
have continued to ask the same question.
?不同的八婆
?不同的碎嘴女人 还是会问
"Instructor Chen,
?“陈教练…
how many children do you have?"
?你有几个小孩啊?”
I still replied, "only one."
?我还是只回答:“一个”
Because now I really do have only one.
?因为我现在真的只有“一个”
Mom.
?妈
Mom, what are you doing?
?妈 你在干嘛?
Tidying your brother's room.
?整理你哥的东西啊
Stop staring.
?不要再看了
Help me take those books
to the living room.
?帮我把那些书搬到客厅去
Your dad's taking them to recycle.
?晚上你爸要送到回收场
Mom,
?妈
look at this...
?你看这个
2013
SEIZE THE DAY. DECIDE YOUR PATH
?(《把握时间 掌握方向-2013》)
2012
SEIZE THE DAY. DECIDE YOUR PATH
?(《把握时间 掌握方向-2012》)
2011
SEIZE THE DAY. DECIDE YOUR PATH
?(《把握时间 掌握方向-2011》)
2010
SEIZE THE DAY. DECIDE YOUR PATH
?(《把握时间 掌握方向-2010》)
2009
SEIZE THE DAY. DECIDE YOUR PATH
?(《把握时间 掌握方向-2009》)
Dad must have given him these.
?这都是爸给他的吧
He didn't write a word.
?一个字都没有写
It looks like he never used them.
?好像完全没用过一样
Put them among the pile of books.
?把它放在那些书堆里面
Don't let your dad see them.
?不要让你爸看到
Mom,
?妈
the weather's nice today.
?今天天气很好
How about we go for a walk?
?我们一起出去走走 好不好?
Mom, let's go.
?妈 走啦
?(脚踏车停放区)
What are you doing?
?你要干什么啊?
I'm going to borrow this bike.
?妈 我跟他借一下车
Be on the lookout.
?你帮我看着一下
When did you learn to pick locks?
?你什么时候学会开锁的啊?
Mom, I've known how to do this
since I was a kid.
?妈 这我很小的时候就会了
Let's go.
?走
Get on.
?上车
This isn't good.
?不好吧
Mom, hurry. Get on.
?妈 赶快上车啦
Hurry.
?赶快啦
All right?
?好了吗?
All right.
?好
Subtitle translation by: C. Y.Weng